Email

Need Help With Email? Ask Your Email Questions Online

Email

I have a second yahoo acct intended for private home

Customer Question
I have a second...

I have a second yahoo acct intended for private home business. When I open my regular acct email, it is showing the second acct in the left banner as an option to check. I do not want that. How can I stop it.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On both laptop and phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was able to remove tne second acct from my laptop ( the device that is shared with family), but when I open mail, the second email is still there

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

How did you create this secondary account?

Please let me know

Just went in to Yahoo and created the acct
I can fix it if you tell me how

Ok, if you sign out of the primary account, can you then sign into the secondary account?

I am trying to see if this is an account or an alias you made as there is a difference.

no thank you

ok.. not sure how no thank you applies to the instructions I just gave..

Can you clarify?

Sorry... yes I can sign in to the second acct on my laptop. I also have a desk top where I work and the second acct is added to that computer, and I can access both accts on my phone. I thought if the acct was not added to the laptop, it should not show in the mail
I have had two accts like this for a long time. These new conveniences recently occurring are making things complicated

It will show if it is linked which is the case here.

These are extra email addresses as you see here

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15953.html

To remove you would need to delete it like in the instructions on my link then create a whole new address (as they will lock this one) but not as an extra email address, but as a whole new account.

Then it will not show up as they will not be linked.

ok

Let me know how you go please

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Email Systems Specialist