Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I bought a new phone and wanted to add Gmail to it but I…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new phone and wanted to add Gmail to it but I cant log in as nothing seems to work when I try to update my password. This PC that I am using logs in automatically so I cant see what password ***** using. I have spent a lot o f time trying to renew the pass word and when I get a code to to put in it still dosent work.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No I would like to have access on my new phone but cant because I dont have a password

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The system had a security question option but didnt ask that question. The phone number and email that I am supposed to use tom reset are no longer available to me. I tried using my wifes email and got a code to put in (2 times) but still no go

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want keep the same account

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
12/11/2017
Email technician: UranMail, Network Administrator replied 5 months ago
UranMail
UranMail, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly?
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen

Do I have to do this just to reset my Gmail password? I could just shift to a new account

The choice is yours

Password ***** ***** in a browser and can be retrieved.

Which browser do you use?

google crome

in Chrome, goto Settings, Advanced, Passwords and Forms, then Manage Passwords. you will see all saved password ***** accounts. Click on an "eye" to see password

Where do I find'settings' I dont see it

in upper right corner you will see 3 vertical dots (menu), click on it and you will see Settings in submenu

With the regained password ***** tried add my email to my phone and the error is:, user name or passwd wrong or the POP3/SMTP service is disabled. How do I enable this?

you would need first to enable POP3 service in Gmail, here is how to do it: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en

I dont know how to search this on the phone but tried on th PC and got 'this site is not available'

Read Gmail messages on other email clients using POP

You can open your messages from Gmail in other mail clients that support POP, like Microsoft Outlook.

Step 1: Make sure POP is the best way to read your emails

IMAP and POP are both ways to read your Gmail messages in other email clients.

IMAP can be used across multiple devices. Emails are synced in real time.

POP can only be used for a single computer. Emails aren't synced in real time. Instead, they're downloaded and you decide how often you want to download new emails.

Step 2: Set up POP

First, set up POP in Gmail

1. On your computer, open Gmail.
  2. In the top right, click Settings .
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
  5. In the "POP Download" section, select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
  6. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.

Next, make changes on your email client

Go to your client, like Microsoft Outlook, and check these settings.

Incoming Mail (POP) Server

pop.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Port: 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

smtp.gmail.com

Requires SSL: Yes

Requires TLS: Yes (if available)

Requires Authentication: Yes

Port for SSL: 465

Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587

If you use Gmail with your work or school account, check with your administratorfor the correct SMTP configuration.

Server timeoutsGreater than 1 minute (5 is recommended)

Full Name or Display NameYour name

Account Name, User Name, or Email addressYour email address

Password: Your Gmail password

Under settings and advanced settings I cant find 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP'

you need to be logged in to Gmail, the Setting are of Gmail, not Chrome

every time I try to log in to Gmail the PC loads my mail

Gmail is yoiur mail, so that sounds normal

you need to login to http://gmail.com

When you say 'email client' Im not sure what to do. All I want to do is view the same email on the PC and phone

Do you want me to connect to your PC for no extra charge and make sure email is working on your PC?

I read emails all the time
when I clicked to give you access it directed me to palypal. My paypal account has already been debited $50

ok, so you are able to view email on PC, and you also need to configure it on the phone.

I can only help with PC part and give you steps to enable phone or any other app or software to retrieve email.

here is another item that should be enabled in Google account, : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

follow the steps in a link and you should enable by this access from your phone

I dont understand what Im supposed to do there. I will just have to give up and use a new email address

You need to enable Less secure apps as per link I sent. This will allow your phone to connect to Gmail email

this was enabled. What now

now the phone should work. considering that it is configured correctly

I cant see any email on the phone. what is configured correctly? When you talk about 'client, in message at 0121 is that the phone if so how do find where to set up 'incoming mail'etc
Ignore that last message. I found out where to set this up on the PC

so you are able to configure this on your phone as well?

Hello again, didn't hear back from you...
Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Waiting for your reply.

I have given up. I have got no f'ing idea what to do
I try just adding the PC email address into the phone with the password ***** in the PC and no go
Email technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 5 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

are you still looking for help with this issue?

No Ive given up
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> very time I try to log in to Gmail the PC loads my mail

You should not give up mate.

Your gmail address is working well, just need to change a few security settings under Google's My Account against your iPhone, then the iPhone can be working for sure.

bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant