Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

After installing Windows upgrade, I need to cancel my

Customer Question
After installing Windows upgrade...

After installing Windows upgrade, I need to cancel my microsoft email address and change it to a new address as it is not recognising my new address for logging in. Thankyou- Eddie

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Microsoft account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Old Email***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/10/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 9 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

You need to login first to the address it has and then change it. It needs to authenticate the original address first, then from inside Windows you change it.

What is the original address it now has and what is the error you're getting?