Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

After being with you 14 years, your automated system will no…

Customer Question
After being with you...

After being with you 14 years, your automated system will no longer recognize the first three letter of my email address (*****@******.***) or my phone number(###) ###-####. After going through the repeat cycle twice I can yell in tech services and they will connect me but always to billing. I talked to a technician earliewr today and he said to do this . . then I got an email that my email address had been removed. The only possible point of confusion is that several years ago, in error, AOL had changed my email address to***@******.*** but I think this has been corrected. How do I get your automated system to recognize the first three digits of my email and/or my phone number?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

What I am calling about is strictly phone and responding to your automated system.

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don't understand the question

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, it's pretty simple. Just getting your automated system to accept my info l If I talk to someone they easily access my records as I pay monthly for both limited tech support and Systems Mechanics, so I am clearly in your system.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/9/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can I first clarify which vendor's service you are requesting for? AOL, Systems Mechanics or JustAnswer? Or something else? Thanks.
I have no idea what this means.I simply want your automated phone answering system to recognize my email address and phone number. Why can no one there understand this . . it seems so clear to me what I am asking.
sWhy are you asking me to pay for something your technican previously said was a problem on your end, not mine. $50 is not that much but I spent a half day on the phone two days ago trying to get this fixed and no one could do it. If you can get it fixed and want me to pay for your admitted problem, I will but for heavans sake, get it fixed!!!
Plus I have ALREADY given my credit card info. Geeeez!
Let me clarify, we are JustAnswer - a paid site providing professional support with guaranteed quality. We are not the vendor making automatic phone answering system.However, I am more than happy service you if you could provide me the full brand name and model number of tourney automated phone answering system.Thanks.
Forget it . . . this is the worst process I have ever dealt with!