Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to change the main email address on my gmail account…

Customer Question
I want to change...

I want to change the main email address on my gmail account how can I do that

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went into settings, tried what I was instructed to do, but when I go into personal settings the main email address is locked in, the only email address I can change is the back up. The one that is assigned as backup email is the one I want for main address

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

What are your email addresses?

right now main e mail is***@******.***, I would like to change it to***@******.***

Click the profile picture on right top corner, Let me know how many email accounts you see listed

1

Click Add account and Sign in to your other account