Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Looking for gmail engineer help for researching possibly…

Customer Question
Hello, looking for gmail...

Hello, looking for gmail engineer help for researching possibly deleted emails and to determine if the account was ever downloaded to an email reader. This is for a personal gmail acct court found to have been used for a business and to represent a business.

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

We are looking to see if we can get access to emails permanently deleted

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/9/2017
Email technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

How long has what?

Hi

Is this a business account or a personal account?

Thanks

Kris

Did you read our original request?
Personal

Sorry it does not always pull through.

Gmail does not offer anything for this unless your account was hacked (and you can prove this)

Sorry what doesnt pull through? I do not understand. We have a court order we won, so do this mean google will help us?

The original conversation.

Can you tell me what happened to the emails e.g were they deleted maliciously?

Thanks

Kris

We do not know if they were deleted malciously. We are looking for a gmail engineer/expert consultant to help us determine if any emails were permanently deleted can they be recovered. We have an injunction order and ability to subpeona google if it is viable. Also need to determine if the email was ever downloaded. By default, POP is disabled. When we got legal control of gmail account we found it had been enabled. Need to see if there is a way to determine it was downloaded.

This is important as google only helps in certain conditions, there is a few logs that can be checked

Can I connect to your PC please

Thanks

Kris

Not at comp, on tablet. Will contact later if we choose to proceed with you, we are trying a former gmail engineer who is getting back to us later today. Thanks for your help.

Okay let me know.

I can list steps here for you to go through