Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I LIVE IN ST LOUIS AND HAVE ATT FOR MY INTERNET SERVICE AND…

Customer Question
I LIVE IN ST...

I LIVE IN ST LOUIS AND HAVE ATT FOR MY INTERNET SERVICE AND I HAVE TRIED TO E MAIL MY BROTHER IN LAW IN LITTLETON COLORADO. EVERY TIME I TRY TO EMAIL HIM IT COMES BACK FAILED CAN YUO HELP ME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

YAHOO OR ATT

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

ON MY PC ,BEFORE I WENT WITH ATT I WAS WITH SBC HERE IN ST LOUIS

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

A ATT TECH HAS TRIED TO FIX THE PROBLEM AND AS OF YESTERDAY HE THOUGH HE HAD TJHE PROBLEM, AFTER I GOT HOME I TRIED AGAIN ,IT FAILED AGAIN.HE SUGESTED THAT I CONTACT COMCAST

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

WELL I DONT WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE OTHER THAN COMCAST, I HAME GONE THAT ROUTE BERORE AND THEY WANT 200.00 TO FIX IT

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/9/2017
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your emailing problem.

I think that checking on a few basic things is needful first.

1. can you email to other destination email addresses than your brother's, and not get bounce-back failure messages?

2. if 'yes', then the problem may be in the address, or at the other end. The address first: are you sure it is correct? and does not have spaces in it, for instance? which invalidate an email address.

Also, if one letter is wrong (emails aren't sensitive to differences in 'A' vs. 'a' i.e. capitalization doesn't matter), then a bounce-back failure could happen, if there is no email address spelled quite that way.

3. if the address isn't the problem, then lastly, there's the other end: is your brother's email address 'live' ? have you recent emails from your brother? other paths of communication to check on the email address? or perhaps, if 'no' to those, have you tried looking up your brother's name and town/city-and-state of residence, in 411.com ? if an email address is listed for him, public and published, 411.com will find it. And you can use that address to email.

Lastly: if the bounce-back message has a 4XX or a 5XX error code number mentioned in it - e.g. Error Code 500 - then please Reply letting me know the full text of the bounce-back message around where it mentions the error code, and I will be able to tell you more about the problem.