Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Login to my SMPT account failed. How do I verify username…

Customer Question
Login to my SMPT...

Login to my SMPT account failed. How do I verify username and password?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I use a laptop and mobile phone connection. I can get mail but not send.I am connected . Robert

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Google got me to change my password ***** in the last week as some one interstate was using my old password. Since I changed it I have been unable to send. My connection status shows red for mySMTP and says login failed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No Thank you. Robert

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/9/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you still able to access your Gmail account using a web browser like Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Chrome?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

A MAC.Yes I can access my Gmail using Safari, but still can't send mail.
No , I don't want to do that,thank you . Regards Robert

Are you saying that even in Safari you cannot send emails?

What exactly is the error message that you are getting when sending fails?

Also, please check your Gmail on Safari. Are all emails in Safari intact? I mean, are the emails that you have in the Mail app also there in Safari?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist