Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I recently deleted a gmail account but unfortunately it was…

Customer Question
Hi! I recently deleted...

Hi! I recently deleted a gmail account but unfortunately it was connected to to instagram account. I am unable to login to my Instagram because I have forgotten the passowrd

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

The account was deleted

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

Yes nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how can I get the email so I can get back into my instagram

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/9/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. How do you access your emails before? Using an email program like MS Outlook 2016? Or using a web browser like Chrome or Internet Explorer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

iPhone and Mac

So you deleted the Gmail from your iPhone?

basically I need to get into my Instagram but the gmail account is deleted, I need to get into that deleted account to login to my Instagram

Can you please tell me what is your Gmail account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

the deleted gmail was***@******.***

Ok. Are you on the iPhone right now or on the Mac?

Please do these steps on both your iPhone and Mac, but do this one device at a time. The goal is to see if your Gmail session was remembered in the browser of your devices.

Here are the steps:

1. Open the Safari web browser
  2. Manually type www.gmail.com and then press Enter to access the site
  3. If your Gmail session was remembered, you shall get your Gmail immediately. If not, please click on the SIGN IN button.
  4. Type your email address and your password ***** it is not remembered by the browser. But if it is remembered, then you just click on SIGN IN to access your Gmail

Please keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

the email was not remembered

Have you tried the procedures on the browsers in both Mac and iPhone?

what can I do?

Please give me a moment to type the answer and explanation to your case. I will be right back with detailed answer.

Thank you

Thank you for patiently waiting. I have checked the Gmail account that you gave me. Unfortunately, that Gmail account was already DEACTIVATED from the Gmail servers and as such, you cannot recover it. There is no way to recover a Gmail account if you deleted it like 24 hours ago.

Please let me explain how this works.

When you deactivated your Gmail account, an hour or two later, you can still recover it by simply logging in to it using a web browser. The Gmail login screen will know that you are trying to access a recently deactivated account so it will prompt you the verification procedures to determine that you are the previous owner of the account. After passing the verification, you can RE-ACTIVATE your Gmail account but some of the emails and contacts could be gone depending on how far Gmail has deleted the information on your account. If you reactivated it quickly after deactivating it, most emails and contacts are intact. But if you reactivated it hours or 2 after deactivating it, you can get the email account back ONLY but old data (emails and contacts) are already gone.

In case that you try to reactivate after several hours of deactivation, when the account was already deactivated from the Gmail servers, it is gone forever. No way to recover it and there is no way that you can re-create it.

That is, when you try to login to the account, it will say that the Google account does not exist. But when you try to create it, it will tell you that someone else has it. That is an indication of a deactivated account and it cannot be reinstated.

Unfortunately, with your Instagram account, I believe it cannot be recovered as well based on the documentation of Instagram in this link:

https://help.instagram.com/358911864194456

Recovery is only through the email address linked to the account. They will not release any account through other recovery means but through the email address used to register the account.

I know this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But in case of your deactivated Gmail account, there is really no way to regain access to it since it has been deactivated past the recovery time frame. (You will know that it is still within the recovery time frame if you are asked to verify your account when you login.)

I hope you find this information useful and helpful in for future reference.

At this point you placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and for helping you if you rate positively (3-5 stars/faces). It is up to you if you want to credit me or not. Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) for not getting your desired results. Your deposit is refundable if you do not wish to pay and here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist