Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cannot eliminate the junk in my email - and I mean just

Customer Question
Cannot eliminate the junk...

Cannot eliminate the junk in my email - and I mean just horrible stuff ppl help

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just gave up and cried

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am so desperate - so frustrated _and not very tech oriented - any help would be very much appreciated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/8/2017
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your spam. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you using any blocks, filters, unsubscribing or an email filter with your gmail?

What have you tried so far?

No
I do not have time for this procedure - I initiated this answer for me over 2 hours ago
What else can I tell you at this point ????? Please cancel my subscription {short lived} I was eagerly awaiting a solution !!
I didn’t request another person - l couldn’t go through this again !! Please respond
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Okay, here is the answer.

Basically, if you are referring those junk emails under your Inbox, Social or Promotions tabs, you can do something against them. Just click the Report Spam button to report selected junk emails to Gmail, Gmail will immediately move them into the Spam folder at where the spamming messages will be automatically deleted in 30 days, and soon or later, Gmail will learn and recognise any related spam in the feature so you no need to repeatedly report them.

If you are referring to those junk messages already in the Spam folder, basically they cannot be eliminated as you can't prevent them from coming into your mailbox. Google can't control the spam senders. Google can't recognise something as spam without opening it and viewing it (when opening, it means the spam has arrived).

However, I do understand your frustrated feeling when seeing those spam messages on your screen. You can definitely let me go from your view. Just let them hide in the Spam folder for 30 days, then they will be physically removed, automatically. See below the hints on how to hide Spam folders in Gmail.

http://www.dreevoo.com/content.php?id=1089

Even don't want to see anything in Spam any time? Fine, try below way to move all things in Spam directly into the Trash folder and ready to be permanently deleted.

https://techjourney.net/how-to-hide-or-remove-gmail-spam-counter/

I believe I have well addressed all your concerns, directly. Please kindly review and accept my answer and rate my service to close this question. Thanks in advance.