Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My old email i cannot remember my password. No I am not. Its…

Customer Question
My old email i...

My old email i cannot remember my password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No I am not

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Its a old phone number too.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that i need access to it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/8/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know who is your email provider for example Gmail, Yahoo?

Yahoo
Can you just tell me how to fix it myself,
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Thanks for the information please try the below steps in order to reset the password:

1. Open the https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?authMechanism=secondary&yid=&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&s=Qw--&sessionIndex=Qw--page.
  2. Enter your Yahoo! Mail email address or your phone number. Tip: You don't have to include the "@yahoo.com" part of your email address.
  3. Click Continue. Yahoo! Mail's sign-in helper will now walk you through the options.

If you have a mobile number associated with the account and can access text messages received there:

1. Click Yes, text me an Account Key under Do you have access to this phone?. If you're unable to receive or see text messages at that number, make sure you choose I don't have access to this phone so you get other options for resetting your forgotten Yahoo! Mail password.
  2. You'll receive an account key by text within a couple minutes. Enter it under Verify that you have this phone.
  3. Click Verify.

If you have a secondary email address associated with your Yahoo!

Mail account:

1. Click Yes, send me an Account Key under Do you have access to this email?. If you suspect somebody may be reading your email or if you cannot receive messages at the address anymore, click I don't have access to this email instead.
  2. Type the account key you got by email under Verify that you have access to this email.
  1. Click Verify.

If you do not have access to either a secondary email address or phone number, Yahoo! may ask you for other information to verify your identity, such as contacts in your Yahoo! Mail address book.

Once you have successfully recovered access to your account, you can change the Yahoo! Mail password to whatever you like (and will remember); it is best, ***** ***** to use a strong email password.Please let me know if it works for you.