Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I've been informed that there has been "unusual activity" on…

Customer Question
I've been informed that...

I've been informed that there has been "unusual activity" on one of my email accounts. I'm unable to access that account to review recent activity. I've repeatedly changed my password, but still unable to access that account. One problem, may be that I don't know whether I'm using live.com, outlook, or...? Too many options, that I've not selected, but that have been simply imposed on me by Microsoft. They've made my computer life too complicated.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Resetting my password *****'t help. I've tried that 3 times this morning, but I'm still refused access. I know what my original password ***** but Microsoft insists on telling me they don't have that on file. I'm paying for a service that is failing badly!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Ask the Email Expert to inspect my file before she contacts me. I have two Microsoft email accounts:***@******.*** and***@******.***. Ask them to tell me what my passwords are for each one or, are they the same. Also ask them to tell me why I have to know if I'm using live.com, outlook, or some other service that I never signed up for but was imposed on me by Microsoft.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/8/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Hello, this is Bing here to help, please let me review ur question.

Okay, I notice you are asking for passwords of your two Microsoft email addrssses. Do you mean you currently have not access to both emial addrssses? If so, how could you be informed about he unusual activity?However, can you please post here the notification that you received about unusual activity? Thnaks.