Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can I dial a number, have it intercepted, talk for a half…

Customer Question
Can I dial a...

Can I dial a number, have it intercepted, talk for a half hour with the interceptor, release the call forwarding and the call continues to the original number? Sorry, bad description.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Att

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not sure what. Suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
The number shows up on the bill as the original it was sent to.
Or is there another way this is being accomplished. It happens with more that one number.
In other words, how can they talk to someone else on phone call that maintains the same number throughout?
12/8/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Are you talking about regular phone call via cell phone or internet call via computer?

Either one. Whichever. I’d like to hear about the possibility with each, though probably cell phone first.
Okay let me clarify a few things:
"intercepted", do you mean "interrupted"or "interpreted" or "wiretapped" or "paused"?If you do mean paused, which means the connection with the first person is kept but muted while you are speaking with the second person. We call this HOLD, a stand feature for most cell phone today.