Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Ive got windows 7 home with 64 bit and running office 2010…

Customer Question
Ive got windows 7...

Ive got windows 7 home with 64 bit and running office 2010 but I have no email program. there is so much conflicting info online but al I want is outlook 2010 so I dont keep losing my emails by having to go thru "post Office" with my provider.. where do I find one

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connection is great. In order to get emails sent to my email address set up with my provider I have to log into my provider website, click on Post Officer" and then go into like a online web access email set up however the provider deletes them after 45 days

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No but when this laptop was bought it had windows 7 home premium on it, then my son downlaoded Office 2010 but it didnt come with outlook, so I have been trying to downlaod the program so I can have an outlook email that keeps my emails and I can set up folders etc... just like I use at work!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I keep getting told online that microsoft dont do outlook anymore so Id have to use livewire or some other program, but then I find somethign that says free downlaod and it ends up a 10 step rip off process to get you to pay for al sorts of things fiorst, then the page just closes!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/8/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 7 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can you hold the windows key and press r, and type outlook.exe and let me know what you get.