Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My wife has just bought a new computer, and when starting it…

Customer Question
My wife has just...

My wife has just bought a new computer, and when starting it up it asked for a mircosoft account and what she gave me didn't work so I created a new account using her gmail email as the email address but now when I'm asked to verifiy any thing by email no new emails come though

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On her old computer she has outlook and has her gmail linked through that she also has it linked to her phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing really ive tried going into the microsft account page but to get there I need to verify an email that I cant get to or has not shown up in her gmail inbow or junk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I didn't really think it was an email problem I was more hoping to to reset the account

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/8/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you still able to use the new computer right now?
  2. Are you still able to access her Gmail account using a web browser?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I'm able to use the new computer and I have her emails open on her old computer
no I don't wish for you to securely connect to my computer

Thank you for writing back. You are trying to create a Microsoft account using a Gmail account.

Do you still remember the password ***** this Microsoft account?

What is the Gmail address used for Microsoft account?

the account is created already when setting up the computer, yes I still have the Microsoft account password ***** the gmail is***@******.***

Thank you for writing back with that information. And it is now asking for verification code? Have you checked the Gmail account using a web browser by going to www.gmail.com and then sign in to the Gmail account and locate the Microsoft code sent to verify the account?

I have tried doing that and there is nothing

Have you checked the Spam folder? The email could have been sent there.

I have checked my spam/junk folder

Please use a web browser, then go to this link to access your Microsoft account:

https://account.microsoft.com

Login by entering your full gmail address as your username.

Enter your password.

Then login. Please tell me what happens.

it as ive said sends me to a page asking me to verify via email the account

I can fix this for you through Secure Remote Assistance. I will send you a formal offer for Secure Remote Assistance with the minimum fee. You can accept it if you want the remote option.