Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can you put me in touch with a person re blocking scammers.

Customer Question
Can you put me...

Can you put me in touch with a person re blocking scammers

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. How can they be blocked

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

If they can be successfully blocked it must be kept CONFIDENTIAL. I am blocking them on my husband's gmail as he has dementia.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/7/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What web browser are you using to access the Gmail account? Is it Chrome? Internet Explorer? Safari? or others?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. Windows computer
2.internet explorer
The 2 addresses I want blocked are:
***@******.*** and***@******.***
I want this request kept CONFIDENTIAL as my husband is ill and does not realize he is being scammed.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please do these steps, and then tell me when it is done, so that I can give you the next steps.

1. Open your Internet Explorer web browser and a new tab
  2. Then go to www.gmail.com and then login to the Gmail account.

Please tell me when this is done.

I cannot do this as it is not my computer. I am doing this while my husband is out. With his illness he doesn't realize he is involved in a scam.an you just block the 2 emails I have sent you?

Unfortunately, no. I cannot do the blocking for you. It should be DONE using your husband's Gmail account.

Do you want me to just type the whole steps so that you can do it on his computer when you have the time?

thanks, ***** ***** be best. You can understand that he Must Not know I am doing this as he is expecting $$ from these 'girls', so I will do the blocking when he is away or some time. Thank you.

Thank you for that confirmation. Please give me a moment to type the entire procedures for you. I will provide screenshots as well to better help you follow them.

Hold on, I will be back after typing the procedures.

Thank you for patiently waiting.

Here are the steps to block the email addresses you mentioned. Please know that when an address is blocked, the owners of the email address will NOT know that your husband is NOT receiving their emails because they are being blocked. And your husband too will not know.

Here are the steps:

1. You need to open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox Chrome or whatever browser he is using
  2. Login to the Gmail account. If you have your Gmail account too, you can test the procedures as well.
  3. After logging in, you shall see the Inbox with all emails
  4. Locate the email message FROM the people you want to block.
  5. Click to open or read it
  6. Then, at the far right corner of the message page, there is a REPLY button with an "arrow to the left" symbol. Next to the word "Reply" on that button, is a very small "down arrow". Do not click on the REPLY button. Instead, click on the very small down-arrow to view additional commands.
  7. There you can see the option that says "Block 'contact name'". For instance, if the name of the person is Michelle, the command will say "Block Michelle".
  8. Here is my screen shot:
    http://filesxpress.com/d-543c6553

That should block the email address then! If you have 2 email addresses to be blocked, you need to find the email message of that second email address, view or open it, then block it using the methods above.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess,
I haven’t had the opportunity to try out the instructions you sent, and may not for several days because of the situation, therefore it’s impossible for me to rate the answer, but I can say ‘Good’ to your service as far as politeness and trying to help.

Thank you for writing back. There no need to rush. The screenshot link I gave you will not expire. Please follow the procedures when you have time and then rate me if it worked. If not, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist