Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

As my inbox and sent mail show no emails after 20 September,

Customer Question
As my inbox and...

As my inbox and sent mail show no emails after 20 September, I have to use all mail. Can you get me back to normal please?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing specilist as I have insufficient knowledge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/7/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

What's the Gmail address that you are having this issue with?

I am still waiting for a reply!!!!

Did you get my last reply (see above)?

I have already replied that my email address is***@******.***

Sorry, I didn't get that reply. Can we go ahead with a secure remote session to check the account now?

No, not prepared to pay.

I can set up a free remote session if you like (ignore that paid offer; it's shown by the site).

please. I am ready when you are.

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link on your computer:

www.fastsupport.com/100974335
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

I am trying but making no progress

OK, let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Thank you, ***** ***** await their contact but I followed your instructions to the letter but got nowhere.

Could you let me know if you are using your computer or your phone to reply to me now? Also, which browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, are you using?

Am using my laptop and Firefox.

OK, you need to run the remote file after downloading it. Press CTRL and J together on your keyboard to bring up the Downloads window; do you see a "GoToAssist Opener" download listed?

After pressing ctrl and j at the same time go to assist did not show
Am happy to ring you at my expense if this will speed the process

Sorry, let me opt back out for other experts now.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> As my inbox and sent mail show no emails after 20 September, I have to use all mail.
If you are talking about accessing your Gmail via web and only the All Mails option at left pane shows all your emails up to date, it just means you have inccrect labels applied to your emails since September. It is highly likely you got a few filters in use causing the problem.To check your filters:1. At the top right, click Settings Settings.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Filters and Blocked Addresses.
4. Find the filter you'd like to change.
5. Click edit or delete to remove the filter. If you’re editing the filter, click Continue when you’re done editing.
6. Click Update filter or OK.
I have followed your insructions but on your point 6 there is no invitation for me to click update filter or OK. No change.
The key is: do/did you see any filters in use under Settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses?
There were 2 filters in use, one @googlemail.com and one which I deleted. What do I do now please?
can you temporally disable all filters and check if new email can come out? You may send an email to yourself.Please be aware those emails applied with previous filters can be shown in Inbox immedialty, they need to reapplied with new labels for Inbox.
Emails come through now and have done for 24 hours. The problem is that I have 9 weeks of incoming and outgoing emails which can only be seen in All Mail. It might be better to leave it as it is but am concerned I deleted one ot the two filters which were in use. Is this a problem? Do I need to open another and if so how do I do it. Advice please
May I offer you a remote session to manually move all those email back to Inbox so you can see them as expected?