Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am getting a message on my laptop that I have to call

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a message on my laptop that I have to call Microsoft tech support, but I'm worried that it is a bogus phone number.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP, but I don't see a model number I have windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, but I'm getting a message that windows detected a virus and I have to call tech support a 1-***-***-****, and I'm afraid it's a scam.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/7/2017
Email technician: michelleclive, Email replied 7 months ago
michelleclive

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

No company like Microsoft, yahoo, google, Mcafee or Norton contact customer personally or send warning emails or any popup screens on your computer or smartphones.
There are many companies who run scams and might claim to be Norton, Mcafee, Microsoft, Google or Yahoo They send pop-call screen warnings fake virus alerts with phone number to call or they call you. You get into trap and they extort $300 to $500 and all of a sudden disappear and you cannot catch or report them in that case be alert and try to be in touch with the trusted company by confirming they have a business online for more the 5 years and you have a number to call and reach them.

Do not call on the number as it could be a scam

further,i can suggest running a scan on the PC to get rid of any malicious files that caused that popup to come on the computer

let me know if you would like to download and run the scan yourself or else if you wish i can remote connect and do it for you