Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just sold my company and I want to give all the company…

Customer Question
Hi, I just sold...

Hi, I just sold my company and I want to give all the company email address to the new owner, but I don't want to give them my past emails. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just my question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/6/2017
Email technician: arsufi2002, Other replied 7 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Other

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

In that case you will have to delete the old mails

I give them access to my current gmail account but before doing so, delete all the old emails?

Thats correct. Also forward any emails you need to your personal email

I have thousands and thousands of emails over the last 10 years. I want to make sure I still have access to those emails in case I ever need them.
is there a "bulk way" to forward them and then a "bulk way" to delete? And when I forward them, can I search for them in that personal email address?

which email provider are you using?

gmail backed

How are you accessing your email? Is it through a web browser or using a program like outlook?

web browser

Is it google chrome?

I will give you the link for a google chrome extension which you can use forward multiple emails at a time. Install that addon and try to use it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/multi-forward-for-gmail/jjmdplljmniahpamcmabdnahmjdlikpm?hl=en

Let me know how that goes

are you telling me to individually select a page of emails and then forward them? This will take months. Is there a way to just forward all in one shot ?
are you still there?
hello??

In gmail the only option you have is to forward one email at a time

By using this tool you can select multiple emails at a time and send it.

To activate the addon, you will have to refresh your gmail page if you are already logged in to gmail.

i tried refreshing the page and I don't see the "add-on". how do I add this "add-on"

Did you install the addon?

No I didn't. How do I install the add-on?
oh i think I just figured out how to do that... stand by

okay

Let me know how that goes