Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot access my email because i forgot the password but…

Customer Question
I cannot access my...

I cannot access my email because i forgot the password ***** to recover it aol wants to send me a text with a code, the problem is i no longer have the phone number so i cannot recover my password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your AOL account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I do but i no longer have that phone,i have a new phone with a different number

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/5/2017
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Did you ever have the computer remember the password ***** you? Also are you using an AOL account that you pay for or just a free one?

no i used only my phone . no its free

Ok.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Using a free AOL account does not come with support so you cannot call AOL for assistance.

With free accounts , it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year AOL has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not AOL, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you

Chris L., Support Specialist