Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I currently have a gmail account and use it as my primary…

Customer Question
Hello, i currently have...

Hello, i currently have a gmail account and use it as my primary account and it is the only email i use. However, i need to set up a second gmail account but don't want to lose the first account. Are you able to walk me thru the steps?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I accès it only through my personal laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I just want to be able to have two gmail accounts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/5/2017
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Creating a new account should be pretty simple. Once it's created, you'll then be able to switch between the two.

Have you done anything at this point to try to create a new account?

No, i haven't.

Okay, thanks. Well let's walk through it step by step.

Give me just a minute to get some instructions for you.

OK thank you so much. My biggest concern is not losing access to the original account, or losing it altogether

Okay, the first thing you'll need to do is create your second account. To do that, click on this link:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en

It will open the sign-up page in a new tab. Once the account is created, come back to the chat and let me know and I'll explain how to switch between the two.

How's it coming? Any luck getting that account created?