Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When I click reply and try to type in a message, the mail…

Customer Question
When I click reply...

When I click reply and try to type in a message, the mail shuts off on the second letter

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Scanned with McAfee and Glary utilities

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/5/2017
Email technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

When did this email issue first start?

two days ago.

OK, and which browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome or Firefox, do you use to access Gmail? Or do you access it using an email program like Outlook or Windows Mail?

Google chrome

OK, please do this now:

Click on the icon with three dots at the top-right corner of Chrome, and then click Settings.

Next, scroll down to the bottom and click ADVANCED.

Next, scroll down further to the very bottom and click RESET.

Done resetting, close and re-open Chrome and check the issue in Gmail again.

Finally, please get back to this page through your emails received from me and update me on the results on here. I'll stand by; thank you.

Any updates on this issue? Do keep me posted below, please.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise if your issue is resolved, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,