Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a new computer and I have different folders created…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new computer and I have different folders created in my old computer's outlook mail How do I transfer the folders to the new compouter outlook?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I just purchased Office 365 sorry, not very computer literate, just plug in, upload and work :)

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Outlook?

What do you mean

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just would like to transfer the old computer's outlook folders in each email address please Thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/5/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

HI, I don't see the answer on how to do it?

Have your transferred Microsoft outlook emails folders backup to new computer?

that's the question, how do I transfer
I set up the new outlook emails but the folders are not showing up?

A. What version of outlook do you have on old computer?

B. Are you working with me using old computer now?

Where do I find that info?
No, I'm using the new one

Do you have your old computer with you now?

ok
old computer start up says 2013
new computer is 2016
is it possible?
the Office 365 I purchased today allows additional computers to be on it.
should I install / update the old computer?

Yes, it is possible to transfer the data(PST files).

You have to Export these files from the old computer to a place(like desktop) on the old computer.

And then transfer that files to the new computer using a memory stick or external hard drive.

And then import those files into outlook 2016.

I will now provide you details steps in the next answer.

I have the old computer open now
Ok, maybe park this question, I will get back to you tomorrow
Going to bed
Thank you

After exporting from the old computer to a file, you can transfer that file to the new computer.

And then import into outlook as shown under:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-email-contacts-and-calendar-from-an-Outlook-pst-file-431a8e9a-f99f-4d5f-ae48-ded54b3440ac

If you have other queries regarding this, please reply back to me the box given below.

And kindly take a second to rate my service(-OK or more-by(scrolling up) and clicking stars at the top of the page and choose Submit), that would be greatly appreciated.