Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Not able to receive e-mail. I believe Outlook. Not that I…

Customer Question
Not able to receive...

Not able to receive e-mail.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I believe Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I know of. This just happened last night or early today. The last thing I did was try to fill in the answers to upgrade the modem. I wasn't successful. Might have fouled something up in the process.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
  2. Are you able to send emails but cannot receive? Or cannot send and receive?
  3. What email account do you have in your Outlook? Is it Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo Mail?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess