Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My gmail says I have used 14 GB of the 15 GB of space but I…

Customer Question
My gmail says I...

My gmail says I have used 14 GB of the 15 GB of space but I have deleted everything except for last month mail. There is nothing in the trash so is there somewhere else I need to go to really delete the trash?

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Nothing in spam I deleted that and what do you mean by lost email in trash. I deleted forever all the trash

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

Yes I have. My company 2 months ago switched over their mail to Microsoft 365 and we had to have under 10 GB of mail to transfer over. On all the pcs they could delete mail and it showed up as deleted but on a mac like I have there was some other place IT had to go into and delete the trash.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Did you check Google Drive? There may be documents and stuff there?

it is all in mailDrive 0.01 GB
Gmail 13.97 GB
photos 0.14 GB
Just tell me what to do to delete the mail

Did you delete emails, and deleted them from trash as well? If yes, then check All Mail folder in Gmail for the larger attachments which could be consuming this much of space. Delete them, and then emptry the trash as well.

I had 2 years of mail with attachments when it told me it was almost full and I deleted all but last months mail so it should be showing less but it is not. I need a Mac expert because I think there is somewhere else that it is holding on to the mail. Trash is all deleted forever.

Can i do a remote session with you to troubleshoot this directly? I am sure i can fix it, if i see it will be able to pin down the problem quickly.

No I dont want to pay more just refund me and I will ask someone else. thanks.

I can do remote for $5.

If you want refund, i can request that now.

Just refund thanks I need a mac person

I am an Apple Expert but i will request this to be refunded.

thanks