Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have Outlook 2010 and a couple of my folders have

Customer Question
I have Outlook 2010...

I have Outlook 2010 and a couple of my folders have disappeared. How do I find them?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Outlook?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Outlook?

I have tried looking in surrounding folders to see if I accidentally dropped them there. I have tried searching for the folder...no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think that is all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.I have okay'd the online access. When will this take place?
12/4/2017
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 9 months ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Sorry for the delay;

Is your Outlook connected to an Exchange server, or do you use it with an email provider, e.g. Gmail, Yahoo?

I am not sure
Is that $39 to remote in an additional charge to the first $5 and the $31?
Pete, are you still there?
Pete, I just spoke with tech support and they said they would alert you to contact me tomorrow morning around 8 or 9 am EST.
I am leaving work for today. Sharon Beard

Hi Sharon, yes remote support is an additional charge.

What is the second part of your email address, after the @ symbol?

Ok, so your email account is hosted by Yahoo.

Can you access the email account and see the missing folders if you log in at mail.yahoo.com ?

I am not at work anymore. May we please continue this tomorrow morning around 8-9 am Eastern Standard Time. Thank you

Yes that is fine - you can reply back here any time that suits and I will reply as soon as I can.

Ok, that will work for me
Good morning Pete. I do not have folders set up in Yahoo...only in Outlook

Ok, so the Outlook folders are not synced back to the Yahoo inbox?

In that case, they only reside on Outlook. Can you try searching for an email that was in those folders to see if it has been accidentally moved elsewhere within Outlook?

I am not having any luck. The folder that disappeared had many sub-folders and sub-sub folders

Did you check if it is in the Trash folder?

Was there anything significant about the folder that disappeared?

Of course I checked the trash and every other folder I have in Outlook.
The significance of the folder was that it had every project we are doing along with all of the e-mail for each project. (We are a sitework contractor) The folder was named Projects and each project had a subfolder with subsubfolders. I have searched all outlook files, tried some things I found online...all with no results. I think we have spent enough time on this. Just close the session. Thanks anyway

Ok.

Since you never solved the issue, I do not choose to rate your service.

That is ok, have a good day!
Pete.