Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I HAVE A MEMOREX BOOM BOX PAST THE WARRANTY PERIOD. THE

Customer Question
I HAVE A MEMOREX...

I HAVE A MEMOREX BOOM BOX PAST THE WARRANTY PERIOD. THE RADIO WORKS BUT THE CD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK. IS THERE ANY HOPE THAT SOMEONE IN THIS GREAT NATION OF OURS WILL LOOK AT IT TO SEE IF IT CAN BE FIXED. IT'S THE SEASON WHEN I WANT TO PLAY CHRISTMAS CD'S PLEASE. I'M IN DALLAS, TEXAS. THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR AN ANSWER.

Technician's Assistant: What Memorex model do you have? How old is it?

IT'S ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD. I'LLL HAVE TO TRY TO FIND THE MODEL NUMBER ON IT. I DON'T HAVE IT AT THIS MOMENT. IT LOOKS LIKE SOME OF THE MODELS FOR SALE NOW ON MY COMPUTER.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. THE TURNTABLE ON THE BOOMBOX DOESN'T TURN. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. IT COULD JUST NEED CLEANING AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CLEAN ITS PARTS.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Memorex? What happened right before this?

IT WAS SITTING ON MY COUNTER TOP IN THE KITCHEN NOT TOO FAR FROM THE BURNERS. I'M THINKING MAYBE IT NEEDS CLEANING.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

IS THERE SOMEONE IN THE DALLAS AREA THAT COULD LOOK AT IT. I CAN'T BUY A NEW ONE. I CAN'T BEAR THE THOUGHT OF THROWING THIS AWAY. THE RADIO STILL WORKS, BUT I WANT TO PLAY CHRISTMAS CD'S. THANKS BUNCHES.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: Louie, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Louie, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...MEMOREX BOOM BOX..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the "...CD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK..."

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

What I really want is the name of a local company or person here in Dallas that will look at the boom box and fix it. I don't want to deal with a technician on the internet. Sorry, that's not what I want. Can you give me the company name I want please?
Sorry, I do not prefer your attempt to repair. I might as well buy a new one. I want someone I can go to and get it fixed please. Thanks for your help.
There's much reason to believe Memorex needs a local repair place or dealer.
I'm waiting for your response. If there is absolutely no help here in Dallas, tell me. I have checked with Wallmart (where I bought it) and Target. They could offer no help. Thanks for a response.

There are no listed service centers for these brand/models. The service fee alone of independent shops makes repairs uneconomical.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.