Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have a microsft account but I have lost the latest

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I have a microsft account but I have lost the latest password. I am trying to set up Outlook on iOS devices and iMAC. My email address is***@******.*** (I used to have another microsoft email***@******.*** with a password. Can you help me to re-establish the right password ***** my work email (*****@******.***)?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

The apple ID has not been changed. I cant remember when the microsoft passwordf was set. A long time ago I suspect.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I typed in my email address into the Outlook app for IOS and wanted an automatic set up. It then prompted me to to put in a code shown on screen, I did this poince, then another code came up so I typed this one in and then the system spat me out saying I had to contact an administrator.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so. I have Outlook (throiugh Office365) and I have downloaded the Outlook apps for iPad and Iphone.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

*****@******.*** is a Microsoft account. Please go here to reset it:

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Select I forgot my password ***** click Next.

Enter your address and the screen characters and continue.

You'll see your recovery options: a code sent via text, email or phone call.

Once you choose your option and click to send the code the page will immediately change to one

asking for the code. Once submitted you will then be asked to create a new password *****

you will enter twice. If successful, it will say your account has been recovered.

Let me know the result please.