Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have received an anonymous e mail on my gmail account on…

Customer Question
Good day, i have...

Good day, i have received an anonymous e mail on my gmail account on my cell phone, from a Hotmail account, can you trace the sender

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubles, just want ton know if the email i received can be traced to a sender or location

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Can you please share a screenshot of the annoymous meesgae or copy / paste the content here? Prefer screenshot as it tells more. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Do you actually know anyone mentioned in the email? Or, any personal info in the email is correct as per your understanding?

email addresses...one is mine***@******.*** . the other is my wifes***@******.*** and the other is a friend (cheryll)*****@******.***... so i want to find out who the anonymous sender is...
Got it. Please check below link for how to get the email header of that email. You may post the content here for analysis, so I can provide the clues to you after review.https://support.google.com/mail/answer/29436?hl=enPlease be aware that all content posted here is publicly visible on the internet.Therefore, a remote assistance session is highly recommended so all private content will be kept on your comouter and shared with me on a secured screen share. I may so directly demonstrate how to get email header and show you how to analyse it under your watch.