Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I attempted to open an attachment of photos of aircraft that…

Customer Question
I attempted to open...

I attempted to open an attachment of photos of aircraft that is attached to an email. I received a notice from Microsoft that my account is temporarily suspended because a jsteadman16 @ outlook..com has sent a volume of messages.. As you can see, I am not that person. How do you rectify this so that I can use my computer soon?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

The Internet is okay.I am a mail client--Outlook.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Nothing has been changed that I am aware of at this time. It was working fine until the email with photos.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Email Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

I need to understand if Microsoft sent the message and will now put me back on line or it was an attempt by a hacker to get info. Obviously I want to understand the problem and how soon there will be a solution. If there is a hacker, I will need to change my email address.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/4/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 9 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Can you please post the email notification or simply a screenshot showing how the original message looks like. This will provide us more info and details for troubleshooting and analysis. Thanks.

Hello, do you still need our help here? Thanks.

I sent a copy of the email with attachment yesterday. I sent a photo shoot this morning and as it did not come from my camera, I sent it as a new email without knowing how to properly address it to you.
Yes I would like to know what the next step will be. I did a test email that is working.
Good to know that you could send emails with attachments now. It seems the temporary suspension was over.But it does raise my concern about your account security, because it did indicate someone else was able to send spam in your name and probably already obtained your credential for mail services or eve other services of you. If you are sure that was not you who sent the spam, you should be aware of this incident an investigate the reason.Please advise if you need further help on spamming investigation. Thanks.
I am still awaiting a response to tell me that it was spam. I have taken extra measures toward eliminating hacking. I believe the person who sent the email to me does not have an extra filter to tell him that there is external data which may include spam. I always eliminate the external data when sending to others and I may have alerted you to a problem.
If it was not spam, then there must be a better way to determine that I was not involved as I was temporarily without the use of my computer
> received a notice from Microsoft that my account is temporarily suspended because a jsteadman16 @ outlook..com has sent a volume of messages..As requested above, please upload a file or screenshot to give more details about the notification emails. This will help me determine if the emails are genuine, if the issue serious and if the issue can be fixed in an efficient way. Thanks.
I sent the email and attachment to reply.com on Dec 3 at 817pm. If you provide me with your direct email address, I will send it to you.