Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I just bought a IMAC and had Office 365 installed but can't

Customer Question

I just bought a IMAC and had Office 365 installed but can't use it. I get messages that there are no licenses for my email
JA: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Actually I was attempting to use Word when I get the no license information.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I am getting email in my gmail account, haven't tried my outlook email yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, do I need to get into email to use Word?
Category: Email
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

> I just bought a IMAC and had Office 365 installed

Normally, the preinstallled Office 365 is for free trial not for permanent use.

However, please double check your copy to make sure is already licensed or not.

If you want to purchase Office 365, you need to have Microsoft account (any free email address provided by Microsoft such those of outlook.com, live.com or msn.com. Then you may go to office.com to buy and install online.