Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Is this a paid service and if you can't answer does it still…

Customer Question
Is this a paid...

Is this a paid service and if you can't answer does it still cost me and how much

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

My mail browser is Cableone.net I'm writing to a GMAIL account in Johannesburg SA which is having a lot of problems internet wise, I think he may have gone to fiber but not certain.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser directly

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have spent lots of time with Cableone, and the tech company they sent me to who had no answers. on down detector one person in Johanessburg SA suggested the end user to go to settings and see if the outgoing mail is disabled. Presently since May 2017 I am able to send a mail, he apparently by reading the file headers in able to open and press reply button and I see IN REPLY TO consistently during the 2-3 hour time I send messages to him. The message does not return to my inbox, but i have to read the IN REPLY TO in the sent box. ONE TECH explains that it's like going from A to point B, the bridge is out, and the car dant' turn around it needs to back up in the same lane it came.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Cost and is there a guarantee if they can't supply a resolution there is no cost or what is the cost no matter what

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
I have a dear friend in Johannesburg , SA. A two-way email was at best fairly constant last year . However got very eratic August to October 2016 when on the October 1, the ablitity ended.Cell phone was very difficult and as I live in the States where IT connections are stable it became a mystery . There was a huge flood November 2016, 2 in January, 1 in March.A hail storm tornedo that ripped off mall roofs, and damaged buildings and turned over cars.I have Cableone as a browser and Microsoft 2016. In April I learned that there was a way to read the file headers and researched from 2016 a pattern when I sent an email and he REPLIED on that email, there was a distinctive pattern that continuously occurred for 14 mails.Taking that information I began looking at the GMAIL replied mail since May till now in December.File headers are consistent when he opens and hits reply to on his side on the laptop.Presently, he is receiving the GMAIL, apparently able to read the mail as he knows when I have said good-bye and the following mail looks totally different. This pattern is 9 months so I concluded IT patterns don’t vary, thank God..The only thing that seems to be different is last year those in reply to were found in my Cable one inbox.
Now after sending the mail, if I right click the in reply shows in the sent folder. I tested before the appointed time we agree to mail, and the mail after the goodbye.Consistently there is nothing before or after and the mail has no in reply to.
Cableone techs and other techs have said that what is happening is like this situation:There are two lanes of traffic going from A to B. However at the B point, the bridge is out, the only way to return back to A is in the same lane which would be the SEND LANE.They believe that the outgoing mail server is disabled some how. IF you could possibly support some instructions how to resolve this problem it would be greatly appreciated.Thank you forum.
12/3/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
we are JustAnswer, a paid site providing professional tech support to global customers with guaranteed quality.
how do i cancel this policy as you did nothing for me except send me to another place. I'm fine with 5 .00 but not the whole fee.
you did not provide any answer don't try to charge me 39.00 or i'll turn you into chase fraud. do you understand. I want an answer.
Sorry, I was away just now.
The $39 remote assistance message was not from me, by the site instead. We may continue without this premium service, hence no extra charge. I will review the whole question and provide my suggestion shortly.
Okay, basically your question is about how to make sure emails traffic between A (you) and B (friend) is stable, especially you are looking a way to determine if a reply from B is based or related to a specific email from A, you can know B did read specific emails from A. Am I correct?
I have been emailing to a friend in Johannesburg. HE is receiving and reading mail, and until May when I was able to read file headers the sent mail from Cableone to GMAIL account is successul, He hits the reply button but the in reply to in the file header does NOT return to the inbox, but sent box.
I know he can red the mail because when I say good night, he turns off the computer. MY question is what in the GMAIL account might be disabling him from actually hitting the reply button but NOT able to send a message from HIs GMAIL account.
someone suggested to go to settings see if the outgoing mail is disabled .
if i want to cancel this before the 7 days how do I do that if not satisfied? send the directions please.

> MY question is what in the GMAIL account might be disabling him from actually hitting the reply button but NOT able to send a message from HIs GMAIL account.

No. there is no such as feature in Gmail. Gmail is an email system, which is intended to help emailing, not to block using emails.

However, Gmail does have an Archive feature, which hides an email in Inbox though the message can be always seen in All Mails, used to clean up emails for better user experience.

As just a single button can archive an email, it is not uncommon for a user mistakenly clicks that button therefore a message may disappear (for notates) though it is always available from All Mails.

You may help your friends set up a rule or filter to always show your emails on the top. :)