Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have always been able to send an attachment to an e-mail…

Customer Question
I have always been...

I have always been able to send an attachment to an e-mail by clicking on the paper clip and a block comes up saying "HARRIET'S FILE CAB", which is where I house all of my documents. I then click on the folder housing the document I want to attach and then "OPEN" and it appears as my attachment. I cannot do this now. I am getting a message saying COPY/B REFERS TO A LOCATION THAT IS UNAVAILABLE.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I go through Google and then g-mail

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not that I know of. I have Avast

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/3/2017
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com site which is a paid and independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you.

Did you check whether this file is available using file explorer?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

no

OK which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8, Windows 10?

windows 7

OK press windows key + e key to open file explorer then navigate through folders and files to see if this file you are trying to attach exists.

Let me know.

I do not see a windows key or e key on my keyboard
Harriet's File Cab shows up under My Documents

OK in that does it show the file you want to attach?

OK now go to the gmail and when you try to attach see if it shows the correct file location instead of an old file location.

getting same message

Which web browser are you using for opening gmail and attaching the file?

generally google. I also tried Explorer

In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Do you want me to check the issue directly using remote support?