Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am receiving the following message when trying to log in…

Customer Question
I am receiving the...

I am receiving the following message when trying to log in to my yahoo email account: "Sorry, we don't recognize this email." I use this email address daily and it was working find at 6:30 am this morning. Then suddenly it asked me to log in again and I was not able to.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

My iphone.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I did have my phone number; but it seems the phone number has been removed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/2/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know if you have tried resetting your yahoo email password?

I selected "Trouble logging in?" and entered the email address as Yahoo requested. Yahoo then displays the error message.
Sorry, the link I selected is labelled "Trouble signing in?" and the error message is: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number".
Are you still there?
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, okay I understand your concern please click on this https://www.lifewire.com/recover-yahoo-password-1174485 in order to reset your password ***** follow the instructions and let me know if it works for you.

After entering the first part of my email address (without @yahoo.com) and selecting "Continue", I get the message: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number".
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

May I know how do you access your Yahoo email is it through phone, tablet or web browser?

I access it on my laptop using Chrome browser and on my iPhone using the ios Mail app.
Are you going to be able to help me?
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it fine with you if i can get the remote access of your computer to check for this issue this is an add on service and it will be less time consuming and you can see what am i doing and also if the issue is not resolved you will get the refund.

I'm sorry; I cannot give you remote access due to security concerns. I can follow your instructions and send you screen shots.
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay, That's fine could you please first try to restart your computer and then click on this link https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?authMechanism=secondary&yid=&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&s=Qw--&sessionIndex=Qw-- in order to reset the password ***** check if it works.

OK. I am doing that now.
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Thank you, ***** ***** me know once it is done.

I still get the same error message: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number".
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Are you sure you are giving the correct email address?

100% sure. It is an email address I have been using everyday until this morning.
When I send an email to the address (from another account), the email bounces back saying: "Sorry your message to***@******.*** cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued."
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

In this case please click on this link https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT and follow the instructions and see if it works.

Sorry, that link does not help. None of the available options apply to the issue I am having. The available options are:
Browser crash, freeze or blank pages
Error message 999
Received temporary error code
Unable to download or upload attachments.I also tried the "Email a Yahoo specialist" option, but received the following: * The form you tried to submit was intended for a different Yahoo ID than what was provided. Please make selection(s) below to get answers to your questions. It goes back to where it started. I still do not have a resolution.
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience caused Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge.Other experts will be able to see the older conversation so there is no need to explain the issue again and they will start from where we have left. or else if you want you can contact yahoo at this number +1-***-***-****. Thank you

Please direct this issue to another expert so that it can be resolved.
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 4 months ago

Sure,I am going to opt out this issue so that any other expert will pick up this and would give you quick solution to this problem.

ok
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Please do NOT call the above number. This is a fake number of Yahoo, highly likely a number of scammer

Yahoo does not have phone for technical support for the public.

Please see here for an official article regarding Yahoo numbers.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27069.html

Regarding your issue, please check below article from Yahoo community - a real case.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Password-and-sign-in/Sorry-we-don-t-recognize-this-email/td-p/310481

The key info has been excerpted below.

When going to the contact us page described above and selecting account, entering username and completing the I'm not a robot function, I got to a page where the only option was to read "helpful" articles. At the bottom of the page there is a link to report abuse or spam email (something along those lines). That allowed me to send an email and open a ticket. A day later I got an email asking me to verify some information related to my account. Did that on thursday, and today, monday, got a confirmation that my account was restored.

Just hope this helps.

Please provide the link that will allow me to send an email and open a ticket. (I have not been able to find it).

As I don't know your Yahoo account name and required credential, I can't provide you the specific link to remote abuse or spam emails.

However, you may start from here, then choose "you get locked out of your account, use the Sign-in Helper"

Please DIY first, if you can't find the required link to report, I may help you do it directly via a remote session. Please be aware that you need to request remote assistance service at an extra charge.

Good luck.

I have already tried this (see above). I get the message: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number".
Here you go - report abuse and spam emails.https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN26401.html
Tried the link above and reported the case?
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant