Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My computer, with my Thunderbird address book, died. Is

Customer Question
My computer, with my...

My computer, with my Thunderbird address book, died. Is there a way to retrieve my address book?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Comcast

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Email
12/2/2017
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Can you access the hard disk on it?

no, it won't turn on.
I was wondering if there was another place where my address book is stored. Thunderbird is my

If the hard disk has died, you will need to have the data on it recovered but if the hard disk is fine, then you can use an enclosure (external drive) and connect it to another computer to retreive the address book. You will need to search for this file "history.mab" or other *.mab file, and then copy it to retreive addresses.

Unfortunately, no you cannot retreive the address book without doing the above procedure.

That's what I was afraid of. Thank you, Kamil.

Welcome. And if you can rate my service for the information given by clicking the star icon would be greatly appreciated. Thanks