Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Tried to convert comcast email to microsoft outlook 2007.

Customer Question
Tried to convert comcast...

Tried to convert comcast email to microsoft outlook 2007. worked initially and now getting error message cannot open default email

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Outlook?

Just a few minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Installed office 2007 this morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Went through the setup process for outlook and it was working. Tried to pin to task bar and then began receiving the cannot open error message.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/2/2017
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

When was the last time that you were able to access your Comcast Email account in Outlook?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

After I installed Microsoft office 2007 and clicked on outlook which took me through the set up process

What is the full error message that you are given when you attempt to open Outlook?

We are conversing via my phone at the moment not on my laptop

Okay. What is the full error message that you are given when you attempt to open Outlook on the laptop?

Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The C:\Users\Kathy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be opened

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

What will that cost?

The cost is listed on the page unless you have already decided against the offer.

No thank you.....I do not want to connect remotely. This communication process is not working the way I thought it would. Please refund my $5 deposit.

I will send in your refund request for the full amount. Thank you.

Thank you