Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am setting up my wife's new Support Pro. I am getting her…

Customer Question
I am setting up...

I am setting up my wife's new Support Pro. I am getting her Office 365 set up. For Microsoft Outlook it is asking for a password ***** her e-mail account with Mediacom. The way it lists her "address" as MicrosoftAccount\*****@******.*** and then asks for a password. I have tried her Medicom password ***** her Microsoft password. Neither one works. What is this asking for?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your MediaCom account on any other devices?

This is my wife's only computer. I logged into her Medicaom account on my iPhone, as her, to get a code from Microsoft for something else in this set up. I just logged out.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Which password?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/2/2017
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

An email from the Microsoft account team was just sent to***@******.***

It contains a 7 digit password ***** code. Please let me know the code and the password

can be reset.

Why am I resetting her pwd. And I do not want to use her email address for this. I would like to use mine.

Thank you. Her email address is a Microsoft account. Was her address used when Office 365 was purchased?

I assume so.
Let me check with my son who is also IT if he can remote in. All I asked was what I thought was a simple straightforward question.

Certainly. Let me know if things don't get resolved and I can further assist.