Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need access to my gmail account [[email protected]] No.

Customer Question
I need access to...

I need access to my gmail account [*****@******.***]

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No . not to my knowledge..

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I was locked out of***@******.*** Last week when ask for acess codes I could not recall I now have found that info . Can I enter that info & regain acess to the***@******.*** . in the mean time I have opened a different email account @ gmail [*****@******.***. Is that a problem ???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of . Just want access to previous account [*****@******.*** . Please..

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/1/2017
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

Could you please try to access your gmail account now and check if you are able to access it or getting any error message please let me know.

could not acess***@******.*** yet .
new accountof [***@******.*** ] is working , but need acess to old account [*****@******.***..
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay, Have your tried resetting password ********@******.***. account?

just found it yesterday& have not been able to get back to old account & try it yet ..
Email technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 9 months ago

I understand your concern please follow the steps below in order to reset the password:

It sounds like you are unable to login to the gmail account, You can try to find the reset link given below: Click on this link https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:

• have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or

• have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.

2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.

3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.

4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or

2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:

• If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.

• Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):

• Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:

1. an SMS text message received from Google

2. an app (e.g. Google Authenticator)

3. printed back-up codes.

• Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.

• A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:

• You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.

• A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:

• Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.

• You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.

• A security question for Gmail password *****:

• Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.

• When you set up the account:

• Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.

If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Let me know if it works.