Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

About 3and one half YEARS ago, I wrote a bad review about a…

Customer Question
About 3and one half...

About 3and one half YEARS ago, I wrote a bad review about a restaurant. two days ago I got an email from that restaurant. I did not open that email, just deleted it. I was shocked after all that time I got that email. how did they know my name, cause it said Sharon n chgo who sent it. how could they possibly gotten my last name to get my email address ? when I was done eating I gave them my credit card, and got yelled at because the bill was $8 and the owner said he is in business to make money. he did take my credit card, but refused to slide it thru the machine, so I had to cash a check and bring the $8 in cash. I guess he had my name, but why wait 3 and a half years to send me an email. I am sure there are quick ways to get a person's email address why did it take 3 and one half years to email me?

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

No, I was going to do that but was still afraid of getting a virus

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Gmail.com

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am very afraid of getting a virus, I had gotten 2 before and it is a horrible experence

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/1/2017
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
It seems you posted the bad review at Google+ when you logged using Gmail address. Correct?
no, thanks I have a virus protection with weboot and their service is free thanks
Sorry, are you referring to a promotion for remote assistance server at $39? Please simply ignore it.
hi I am trying to put in a password ***** a different question but I can't get to that site please help

> to put in a password ***** a different question

Are you referring to a question of JustAnswer? Do you mean you can't log on at JustAnswer?

Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

If you deleted the email without opening it, you are 100% safe. There is absolutely no way that they could have done anything to you, your account, or stolen any information if you didn't open it. So, you did the right thing, in this case.

Do you want me to remotely connect to your system and verify that all is safe or are you all set?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

hi Jason I have already called geek squad yesterday from best buy they did not find any viruses and they could not retrieve that email from my trash bin. they also said I did the right thing by not opening that email, but now I am really scared that there was a threat in there. too late now. big question now that they know my full name it is so easy to go on"my life" or some other web site to get all my private info, like my address and worst yet, my date of birth which is a security question. so they know the answer to that one. what damage can do now. and why do you think it took 3 and one half years to respond. also, what did they do on their computer to find out my full name. should I write them a letter, or go there in person? I am very very curios what was in that email, would like to talk to them. bad idea. just to make sure, they have my email address, my full name and ecess tomy personal info what damage could they have possibly done?
I am 66 live alone..maybe you saw this reply I made earlier?

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Most likely, they were just sending you an advertisement of some sort. Just having access to your name, email, and the other data you mentioned, they cannot do anything. In short, you are safe.

Does that make sense?

- Jason

well, the top of the email read vince's pizza, now at the bottom of that heading was my grandfather....so it was not an ad. why would it ay my grandfather? he is the one I called an ass h...it referred to the grandfather, so an ad would not say that. also why do you think it took 3 and one half years to respond since they already knew my email address at that time. very strange. just scared for my safety. I live alone and my car I parked in a lot that is not secure, I am just thinking silly things like what if the planted a bomb on my car,or cut my brake lines. i'm just a little stressed.

Do you still have the email? If so, may I remotely connect and take a look at it?

no! but geek squad from best buy already went through my computer and could not retrieve it from my trash, or junk mail. it is gone they went into my computer remotely for an hour to tune it up should I confront vince's pizza. and ask them why now after all these years?

You are safe. If you are not feeling safe, I suggest you call the police and create a police report.

again please explain to me how they got my email address from their computer. what did they do.is there some kind of soft ware that does this
I thought of caling the police, but have no proof,and this incident happened 3 and one half years ago
just waiting for your reply,

I don't know how they got the email. Perhaps, you were part of their mailing list or someone you know added you to their mailing list. It happens all the time.

- Jason

thanks Jason, sharon

You are most welcome, ma'am.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason