Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am unable to access my emails. My computer shut me out and…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to access my emails. My computer shut me out and asks for an account that I had almost two years ago and after setting up a new Google account won't let me in??

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Negative

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have tried to use my phone number but it doesn't work. I don't remember passwords when I set up my work account in the past.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Im sure I'll have other questions but not now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
12/1/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

I would be happy to help you try a few things and even provide another step if you cannot do the account recovery with me. I do need to explain my limitation or any technical person's limitation with Google's accounts. We can't unlock or reset the password. Google doesn't have a call in support that they will take the call. If you like, we can work together and I can provide you all the knowledge I have regarding this matter with those questions it asks.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist