Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

That's a good question...it says "504 time out" and has been…

Customer Question
That's a good question...it...

That's a good question...it says "504 time out" and has been doing that for about an hour. The one time I got on it's so slow and keeps saying "encountered a technical issue" It's now out totally. What's going on?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Safari.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

I don't know. It's always worked. What do I have to do?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Safari?

I typed in what AOL said to do. mail.aol.com But I haven't done anything with Safari other than access bank accounts which seemed to work just fine.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, other than this has happened for the past two nights, where AOL is inaccessible from about 2 am until at least 8am. And I frequently work in the morning.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
12/1/2017
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 9 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

AOL is currently experiencing an issue for all its members and this is resulting in this error.
It is not limited to you only and has nothing to do with your computer or setup.
AOL is working on this as we speak, there is no ETA yet on when it will be up and running but it is expected in the next few hours.
It is best to try to check your email every 30 minutes until it is resolved
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you