Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I forgot my password. Also I have multiple google accounts.

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password. Also I have multiple google accounts. Does it make difference which one I use?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't have cell phone to use phone#. I don't remember any security questions.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
12/1/2017
Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If you are not able to use the online reset tool with the phone number and security questions then you will need to start a new account.

what do you mean open new account. I do have another gmail account that I can use. Is that account the one I need to use?

You mentioned that you need to reset the password ***** a Gmail account. Also, you mentioned that you do not have the phone number or answers to the security questions on that account. If that is the case then you will not be able to recover that account.

If I use the chrome account that I know the password ***** that resolve my issue of trying to access the internet with my new tablet?

Are you trying to recover a Gmail account or a different account?

I have 2 chrome accounts? One I forgot my password ***** and can not get into. The other I have access to. I am trying to find out if I should I use the one I have access to and know the password *****

Yes, you will need to use that one since you do not know the information to other account.

I am trying to get wi-fi access to the internet for my new Galaxy tablet. Do you know how I can do that?

Yes, you will need to know the Wi-Fi network name and password.

Do you know that information?

I don't know what you mean by wi-fi network name. Do you mean my cable provider or wireless router?

To connect to the internet, you need to know your Wi-Fi name and password.

I still don't understand. Could you explain to me what you mean by wi-fi network name? Who or what would you be talking about.?
Would me wi-fi network name be my Cable/internet provider?
Josh are you still there?
Josh since I have not heard from you in 30 minutes. I am not sure if you have terminated providing me services or not. But I am going to terminate further communication at this time.
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Hello, this is Bing to help here. Let me address your concerns one by one below.> Could you explain to me what you mean by wi-fi network name?Wi-Fi network name is ***** ***** to identify a wireless network around you. In most situations, users may need a password ***** access it. Literally, a Wi-Fi names is defined by its owner and can be of any characters, meaningful or not. It is just a name.> Would me wi-fi network name be my Cable/internet provider?No, except your cable internet provider does this on purpose. As mentioned, the name could be anything, long or short, or even a sentence. It has been reported that some Wi-Fi use the names to chat with their neighbours over the air. :)> Who or what would you be talking about.?Basically, do you mean you got two Google acccounts, and want to use one of them permanently and get rid of the other onen which is no longer accessible for you. Correct?