Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I want too change my email address; however, I would like to

Customer Question

I want too change my email address; however, I would like to still uses sbcglobal.net. Is that possible?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Yahoo.
JA: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Yahoo is my ISP, I use a PC
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have reason to believe that my address was 'hacked', since I have not received any mail at that address since 11/15.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is my MAIN problem.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

We can fix the email issue with your current account itself; are you able to log in this account now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believe that this address has been ''hacked"; All my contact information had 'disappeared! I think that I just need to have a new address, rather than continue to use the previous one.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would rather use a NEW email address. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

No issues; I can restore your contacts as well as email functionality, while securing the account as well so that it does not get hacked into again. Else, if you simply want to switch to a different email address I'll provide you with the steps but a new @sbcglobal.net address will not be available (since it's no longer in use.) Would you like to open up a new @yahoo.com or @gmail.com address instead?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a gmail account already. My business uses several -- I guess that I will just need to fold my sbcglobal account into one of the other ones. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Please note that EVERYTHING, including missing contacts, can be recovered from your existing sbcglobal.net account; also, if you simply stop using the account, the hackers will still have access to your email account and/or new emails and bogus emails will continue to be sent out from your side.

If you want, I'll set up a free remote session (ignore the paid offer shown by the site) and check the account now.