Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot remember the password to my gmail account. I have…

Customer Question
I cannot remember the...

I cannot remember the password ***** my gmail account. I have gone through the password ***** with no luck. My account is***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

I don't think so.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone #(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/30/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Before we begin troubleshooting, let me explain the limitation I have with Google's passwords. I can help you go through the process of answering the security questions. I have done this plenty of times to know that their security process will prevent you from resetting the password ***** you don't answer the questions correctly. Google does not have a live support so if we cannot reset it together, we won't have another way to do it. I would be happy to troubleshoot with you to help you try to get your account back. Do you understand this before we begin?

What would be the easiest thing to do is to share screens so we can walk the steps together. This way I can see everything as you answer and see if you might be skipping a step. If you prefer to keep it on here, that's fine too. It will just take a bit of typing between us going back and forth.

It also doesn't show when I am typing so I apologize if I take a bit to respond.

No thank you for the secure connect.

Okay! No problem. Let's start by going to: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

And before we go further, let me explain how Google is different than the other sites. They require you to answer the questions and pass with flying colors. If you barely pass with the questions/answers, then you might get the message that it is being sent to Google to review. If you get most wrong, they will say account cannot be verified at this time.

So it is in your best interest to not skip any questions unless you don't have the phone or email they want to contact. If you've answered all questions, there is a one last ditch effort you can try that sometimes works.

Let me know if you would like that or if you are trying the questions again.

What is the one last ditch effort we can try?

You can write a New Topic in the top right. Ask them to contact you directly saying you've verified all the account information that you can. Put something like how important it is to be able to access this account because of something really important. This is a public forum so don't put public information in there until Google contacts you directly. They work with the developers so they can reset as necessary. They don't have a phone support so this is the last way to go.

-------

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. Have a great rest of your day!

how to I access the new topic?

Once the page loads, there a red button in the top right.

I just realized my link didn't carry over.

Were you able to fill out a New Topic?