Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cant sign in or recover. I have not used this email in a…

Customer Question
I cant sign in...

I cant sign in or recover

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I have not used this email in a long time no im not logged in

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Old phone number i dont reconize

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account/address so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you for writing back with that information. Approximately when was the last time that you were able to access this Gmail account?

Also, do you have a lot of emails and contacts in this Gmail account that you need to retrieve?

no i set it up and never really used it

Thank you for that confirmation. Please give me a moment to check your recovery options.

Do you have a phone number ending in 52 before?

no
mine is 7282
i tried 7252
any idea

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation. I have run the reset procedures for you again and Gmail requires only one vital recovery information from you in order to prove that you own the account. This is the mobile phone number on record.

Unfortunately, in the case of your old Gmail account, your ONLY way to recover this account is by undergoing the reset process.

Let me explain the NEW Gmail reset or recovery procedures. This reset or recovery procedures of Gmail has been in place I believe just in the second quarter last year of 2016. And the goal of this recovery procedures is security and privacy. Security in the sense that it will be harder for a hacker to hack into someone else's Gmail account. And most importantly, privacy. In this new procedures, Gmail does NOT allow any human person from Gmail/Google team to peek into any Gmail account information for recovery.

I want to explain this "privacy" stuff a little further. Before this NEW reset procedures, Gmail provided an online form where a user can enter verifiable information about the account in case the dynamic reset process fails DUE TO lack of security and recovery information like mobile phone, alternate email address, and answers to security question. The Gmail user will provide those information and then a Gmail tech will intercede by checking the actual information on record for the particular account against the information contained in the submitted form. When the information submitted in the form matches with the actual record on file, the human person (Gmail tech) will send a reset link to allow the user to change the password. In tougher case, users are asked for scanned copy of their ID and other form of identification to Gmail through another form and again, Gmail person "peeks" into a Gmail account record and lookup if the identification matches with the submitted ones. All these "non-private" procedures were eliminated in the new reset procedures -- no human person from Gmail or Google will intervene in the recovery process and unfortunately for utmost privacy, as a result, it will be harder also for the real owner of the accounts to recover their Gmail accounts.

In your case, since the Gmail account was NOT used that much in the past, there is actually no data that needs recovery. So I suggest that you create a NEW Gmail account, make it similar to the old one, like breaking the username with a dash (-) or underscore (_). For instance, you can try creating allen-excavation or allen_excavation. You can add numbers at the end to make it unique in case the previous 2 were already taken.

I know this is not the kind of answer that you want to hear and I hate to be the bearer of this bad news. But without passing the verification process, which is impossible for you since the phone on record is no longer active, there is NO WAY to regain access to your old Gmail account.

I hope you find this information useful and helpful in your quest to recover your Gmail account. Also, knowing these facts about the new reset procedures imposed by Gmail, you should now ensure that you provide up-to-date recovery information in your other Gmail account if you have any to avoid these kinds of trouble in recovering the account.

Because of this Gmail recovery problem that caused trouble to millions of people, I created a post on this to warn people to update their Gmail account. see the link below:

http://technicalforum.org/email/several-thousands-are-losing-their-gmail-accounts-secure-your-account-now

At this point you placed a deposit and I only get credit for my time and for helping you if you rate positively (3-5 stars/faces). It is up to you if you want to credit me or not. Please do not rate me negatively (1-2 stars/faces) for not getting your desired results. Your deposit is refundable if you do not wish to pay and here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist