Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

May i know if it is possible to recover my hotmail password?

Customer Question
May i know if...

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?

Yes, on my iphone with the outlook app

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, but the phoen number is ***** old phone number that i no more use

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing for now

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac right now to chat with me?
  2. Can you please tell me the problem Hotmail account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

i am using a mac
no you can let me know how to do it

Can you please tell me the problem Hotmail account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

i dont remember the password, though i have the inbox running on my iphone but i cannot install it on a new outlook app on mac or even open it from the browser cos the password ***** *****

I am not referring to the password. I want to know the email address so that I can check the recovery options from my end.

Thank you. Please give me a moment to check your recovery options and I will walk you through it.

You have 2 recovery options. First is an alternate email that is also a Hotmail. Do you know this email and can you still access it?

Second is the mobile phone which I believe is no longer in use as you mentioned.

i just asked my wife she told me she remembers that she has a second e mail add

Ok. Please tell me that Hotmail email address on record so that I can initiate the recovery further.

i think i can handle it it now that my wife told m she has 2 mail accounts
i have sorted it out by myself with that useful info from my wife

Ok. Good to know that. Yes, you should be able to do the reset procedures now since the other Hotmail account that is added to your hotmail account that you need to be recovered is still functional. You can use this to receive a reset and verification code from Microsoft/Hotmail.

In the event that this second or alternate Hotmail address linked to your Hotmail is no longer accessible, you have few options:

1. Try to recover this "associated Hotmail" first and when recovery is successful, you can recover your main Hotmail
  2. You can submit the recovery form using the information of your Hotmail account in the iphone. That is, the recovery form will require you information about contacts, subjects of emails last sent

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

i saw my cc has been charged for CHF 48.-
does it mean this still applies?

I am very sorry about the confusion. Yes, you were charged already when you posted your question/request to our website. But we guarantee our service so you can always get your money back.

Going back to your question, I believe you are the one to reset it because it is your account and the recovery information is only known to you. I cannot reset it myself, no one can do that. What I can only help is guiding you in the process. That is the only help I can provide in your case.

If you believe I was not of help at all, you can process your refund using this link but please do not rate my service negatively because you did the resetting yourself:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

But if you found my service helpful, please rate my service positively to get credit for assisting you.

Thank you.

Jess