Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Cant get into my gmail because google asks for what i think…

Customer Question
Cant get into my...

Cant get into my gmail because google asks for what i think is my correct password,,then they send me a code to the wrong phone number. They insist on 01 but im in Mexico and it starts with 52. Theyre very insistant but i csnt get a new password *****

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes. I have an amazon fire.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

The phone number i gave was 52(###) ###-####but they insist on using 01

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes on my amazon fire i use the same password ***** no problem .do you think i have to use one or the other?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Email
11/29/2017
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem or affected email account so that I can check its status and recovery options for you?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess. Very frustrating. I have tried several times to log onto my acct with the same password ***** use to do it with my Amazon Fire, but cant. So because they wont, im asked to put a 6 numbered code they send me by phone, but the number is ***** Im in Mexico (52) and they insist on (01)the US code, i tried to get it corrected but first they want me to go to my acct which i cant. Awaiting, Gerry
No thanks. Just get them to change the country code so that i can receive that special 6 numbers to get into my google. When i do it with me Amazon Fire there is no problem. Is the problem because i have borh the tablet and my amazon fire on at the same time? Gerry

Please tell me the Gmail account that you are having trouble access so that I can check it myself.

Thank you. Please give me a moment.

Hello where are you? I'm still waiting. Gerry

Still working on it.

So you already initiated this reset several times but you are NOT getting the reset code since it is sent to the 01 version of your mobile phone instead of 52 for Mexico?

Did you create this Gmail while you are in the USA?

It works fine on my Amazon Fire. Gerry

Are you saying you are able to access and read your emails on the Amazon Fire?

Are you trying to access it using a web browser on your computer right now?