Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My mac book air shut down. When I turn it on there us

Customer Question
My mac book air...

My mac book air shut down. When I turn it on there us nothing but a flashing icon of a file folder with a question mark on it.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

I was trying to install an update and the computer did not accept it. I Think my system probably has the next to latest system. I is about one year old. I am typing on my daughter's Mac book

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I talked to the geek squad yesterday. He told me to push CONTROL R

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That did not work, then he told me to try option command P R . That did to work either. Still the flashing file folder

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/29/2017
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 7 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Okay
I

Ok, what happened while you were trying to install the update?