Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I bought a new pixel phone by google. When we went to hook…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new pixel phone by google . When we went to hook it up I could not remember my pass word to my gmail account. The sales person ask me if I thought I could remember I gave an old password ***** I have not been able to get in to change my password ***** get the phone to work right since. Help.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes but that's the new phone.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/29/2017
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Let me start off explaining the limitation of any IT person not affiliated with Google. We can't bypass the questions and Google doesn't have a live tech support option to speak with someone to reset the account. I would be happy to work with you on the questions. I help multiple people multiple times a day with Google passwords because they are so frustrating. However, there will be a point if you aren't able to remember all the details about your recovery information that they may permanently lock you out.

Let me know if you would like help resetting the password. We can do a remote connections so I can make sure we're following the steps to a T because if you don't, then they won't let you unlock it.