Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't get my email to work. In closing the computer,

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my email to work. In closing the computer, instead of "sleep" I chose Mail Quit. Next morning, I can't get mail to work.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I can get gmail program ok so internet connection must be ok. it is just the little Mac email program (which I prefer because it's simpler), that will not work.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No, I don't think so. I am receiving mail with gmail program, it is the Mac email program that won't work (after I indicated "quit mail" - I had never done that before, always just used "sleep" to leave the computer over night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there any charge for this service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
11/29/2017
Email technician: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist

Hello! My name is Sandy.I'm reviewing your question now. Let's get started!
Please add this page to bookmarks or favorites.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 7 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
I guess you mean he Mail app of your Mac computer. Sleeping Mac should have no impact to the Mail app, I do this every day.Can I know the detailed symptom of how the Mail program "will not work"? For example, once you click the Mail icon, what happens on screen? Thanks.